CORE SKILLS #2 in Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy: 12 CE credits
Core Skills is the second training required for Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy Certification. Core Skills is divided into four separate weekend trainings spread out throughout a year. The four modules (CS #1-#4), are designed to provide a more comprehensive understanding of and proficiency in the application of the EFT model. CS #2 focuses on Step 3 (De-escalation).
Training appropriate for Ph.D.s, Psy.D.s, LMFTs, LCSWs and LPCs.
Joe X. Cantu, MA MFT is an ICEEFT Certified EFT Trainer. Joe received a B.A. from Southern Methodist University and an M.A. in Clinical Psychology from Antioch University Los Angeles. Joe specializes in working with couples and individuals and maintains his practice in Austin, Texas. Joe is bilingual and was instrumental in bringing Emotionally Focused Therapy to Mexico, Central America, South America and Spain.
- Differentiate between vulnerable (primary) and reactive (secondary) emotions.
- Identify vulnerable emotions underlying reactive feelings and behaviors.
- Utilize EFT interventions to access vulnerable emotions.
- Extrapolate “handles/doorways” to deepen emotion during sessions.
- Demonstrate ability to deepen emotion using Deepening Ladder technique.
- Name the Basic Moves of the EFT Tango.
- Trace the couple’s negative cycle including both reactive and vulnerable emotions.
- Execute all 5 moves of the EFT Tango.
- Create safe and secure bonding events for partners in a couple.
9:00-10:00 Review The EFT Cycle
10:00-10:30 Vulnerable Emotions
10:45-11:15 Deepening Essentials
11:15-12:00 Role Play – Finding Doorways to Vulnerable Emotions
2:00-3:00 Exercise “Granularity”
3:15-3:30 Deepening Ladde
3:30-4:30 Role Play Deepening
9:00-9:30 EFT Tango
10:00-10:30 Role Play Enactments
10:45-11:45 Roleplay EFT Tango with Enactments
1:00-2:00 Review of Steps 1, 2 and 3
2:00:3:00 Role Play Enactment, Tying Bow and Crossing Over
3:15-3:30 Resistance to Enactments
3:30-4:30 Role Play EFT Tango and Resistance to Enactments