CORE SKILLS #3 in Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy: 12 CE credits
Core Skills is the second training required for Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy Certification. Core Skills is divided into four separate weekend trainings spread out throughout a year. The four modules (CS #1-#4), are designed to provide a more comprehensive understanding of and proficiency in the application of the EFT model. CS #3 focuses on Steps 5, 6 & 7 (Withdrawer Re-engagement).
Training appropriate for Ph.D.s, Psy.D.s, LMFTs, LCSWs and LPCs.
Joe X. Cantu, MA MFT is an ICEEFT Certified EFT Trainer. Joe received a B.A. from Southern Methodist University and an M.A. in Clinical Psychology from Antioch University Los Angeles. Joe specializes in working with couples and individuals and maintains his practice in Austin, Texas. Joe is bilingual and was instrumental in bringing Emotionally Focused Therapy to Mexico, Central America, South America and Spain.
- Utilize EFT interventions to access vulnerable emotions in session.
- Apply RISSSC EFT communications skills when addressing clients in sessions.
- List therapist checklist for moving clients into a granular experience of vulnerability.
- Demonstrate ability to maintain clients in profound vulnerability.
- Identify client’s attachment fears.
- Specify client’s needs required to assuage attachment fears.
- Evaluate client’s ability to share attachment fears and needs with partner.
- Discuss any resistance by partner to client’s spoken fears and needs.
- Create a new narrative for couple’s secure attachment bond.
9:00-10:30 Review of Steps 1-3 of EFT model/Cycle/Tango
10:45-11:00 Step 4 of EFT model
11:00-12:00 Role Play Tango with Resistant Partner
1:00-3:00 Withdrawer Re-engagement
3:15-3:30 Fears/Needs in Stage 2
3:30-4:30 Role Play Identifying Attachment Fear
9:00-9:30 Goals for Withdrawers/Therapists
9:30-10:00 Stage 1 v. Stage 2 Enactments
10:00-10:30 Role Play Stage 1 and Stage 2 Enactment
10:45-11:00 Fears/Needs in Stage 2
11:00-12:00 Roleplay Deepening and Enactment
1:00-2:15 Review of Moves 3-5 of EFT Tango
2:15-3:00 Resistance to Enactments
3:15-4:30 Role Play Moves 3-5 of EFT Tango